Call for Programs
The program committee invites faculty, professional staff and graduate students from all academic disciplines and departments to consider presenting a program at AHEPPP’s 2017 National Conference.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
Topic of presentation must be related to one of the following:
Special consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Serving the parents and family members of students in higher education
- Research or theory supporting the student experience in higher education and its implications for serving students’ families.
- Professional development, self-care, stress-management or other practices directly supporting the health and growth of Parent/Family professionals
- Feature co-presentation with other university departments outside of parent & family programs (i.e. Dean of Students, Fundraising, Counseling services, Orientation, etc).
- Include co-presenters from multiple campuses in order to broaden the scope of serving families in higher education.
- Programs geared toward mid and senior level professionals.
- Topics should reflect the mission of AHEPPP, which works to help colleges and universities constructively engage parents and families to support student success.
- All presenters must register for the conference.
- Professional affiliates and vendors will only be allowed to submit proposals if they are presenting with members of a college or university.
- Traditional Educational Session: The majority of programs will be held in a traditional lecture-style setting and should be 45 minutes in length.
- Round-Table: This year we will continue to feature round-table discussions highlighting some of our most popular initiatives as Parent Professionals. We invite volunteer applicants to facilitate these discussions that will cover a variety of issues (i.e. Print and Media Communications, Parent Advisory Boards, Special Events, etc.) Please use this submission form to volunteer.
PROGRAM PROPOSAL SUBMISSION PROCESS:
- Proposals are due no later than Friday, June 16, 2017 at 8pm EST. All are encouraged to submit proposals before the deadline.
- All presenters will be notified about the status of their proposal in July 2017.
- Proposals must be submitted electronically using this submission form.
- Questions? Contact Alexandra Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org (310) 562-8047 or Lynanne Yndestad, email@example.com (804) 828-3700.